M.R FM’s Music Policy
At M.R FM we pride ourselves on playing and promoting quality local music, our music policy is below!
- Aim for highest amount of Local and Australian content as possible. (+70%)
- Focus on Murdoch-related content and artists. (20%)
- West Australian Music (30-40%)
- Greater Australia (30%)
- Diversity in playlists (Be sure to include and promote Female and Aboriginal artists)
- Weekly Feature albums by local artist to be played throughout the weeks programming.
- Strong focus on Independent/Underground artist.
- Promote Local arts and events within the area/stuff happening on campus
- Promote gigs by artists who feature on the program (e.g artists with upcoming gigs – gives the presenters something to talk about other than just FA’s and BA’s of song names)